I thoroughly enjoy watching my Aggie team play, however I am not a football buff and typically have a lot of questions that I keep to myself. I prefer to watch and learn on my own instead of sounding like an idiot or getting a 15 minute technical and in-depth response from my man friend, a former sports editor. So when the Aggie football season started and we were watching a game, I saw something that made me jump over the back of the sofa and grab the remote to hit pause… I asked my first question:
Me: Who the hell is that?
Manfriend: That’s the Aggies Offensive Coordinator. Put it back in your pants woman.
Then it happened. The Aggie Offensive Coordinator became part of ‘my list’. So allow me to do the introductions for you non-football-know–it-alls: this is Kliff Kingsbury and Kliff Kingsbury these are my blog readers, all four of them. Here are 10 reasons why I adore Kliff.
1. He played my favorite sport to watch: college football. And I am willing to look past the jersey, everyone makes mistakes.
2. He once was linked to dating Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson. Gasp. But this is good for me and here is why: My weight has fluctuated that of Jessica Simpsons and I have never looked good in mom jeans. And if you were to ask my ex I am sure he would be glad to tell you I had a Britney Spears meltdown circa 2007. Which obviously makes me a Kliff Kingsbury girlfriend candidate.
3. I too like a good ass slap after a job well done. Coach Sumlin, you lucky man you. (Thanks to my buddy Mark for sending this to me and listening to my swoons via email.)
4. I don’t like buttons either. We have so much in common.
5. He tried to put Mike Leach in a headlock. I would love to do the same.
6. He works at a desk. I work at a desk.
7. He likes Houston. I live in Houston. My twin sister graduated from U of H. I believe we have come full circle.
8. He wears his sassy sweats to practice.
9. Men agree with me. The biggest Aggie fan and my dear friend Cody even said that Kliff has ‘perfect hair and ankles’ and could ‘pull more ass on Northgate than Manziel‘. Agreed:
Winner winner chicken dinner.
10. And I have saved the best for last. It’s no surprise that I share this obsession with a few Aggie girls. I mentioned this on Facebook to Alicia, an Aggie Kliff Fan Club Member, the other day:
So remember the first time you saw Ryan Phillipe at the top of the escalator in ‘Cruel Intentions’ and you remember the emotions you felt?
Well it’s time to relive 1999 all over again.
BOOM. You’re welcome world.